American Banjo: Three-Finger and Scruggs Style
transcribed by Steve Garner
A massive collection of transcriptions representing the history of three-finger style five-string banjo playing up to the style's culmination with Earl Scruggs coming on the scene. This is a one-of-a-kind resource containing 49 transcriptions beginning with some of the style's earliest forms up through those that approach the fully developed Scruggs style. These solos, written in easy-to-read tablature, are also a great source of beginner to intermediate level arrangements that players will want to learn. Players will gain a deeper understanding of the structure as well as the significance of the Scruggs Style of banjo playing.
These note-for-note transcriptions serve as a companion to the CD recording of the same title featuring such players as Snuffy Jenkins, Larry Richardson, Joe Stuart, Smiley Hobbs, Junie Scruggs, Mike Seeger, Eric Weissburg, Pete Kuykendall, Veronica (Roni) Stoneman Cox, and more. These field recordings were made on location in the hills and hollers of the Appalachian region in the late 1950's by Mike Seeter. Songs, forty-nine in all, include favorites like 'Cripple Creek'; 'Home, Sweet Home'; 'John Henry'; 'Liza Jane'; 'Lonesome Road Blues'; 'Sally Goodin'; 'Turkey in the Straw'; 'Wildwood Flower' and many more.
• Massive collection of transcriptions representing the history of three-finger style five-string banjo playing
• Great source of beginner to intermediate level arrangements players will want to learn
• Written in easy-to-read tablature
• Includes many banjo favorites performed by a variety of skilled players
• Players will gain understanding of the structure and significance of Scruggs Style banjo playing.
Product Number: 97307
Skill Level: Beginning-Intermediate
Binding: Saddle Stitched
Size: 8.75 x 11.75
Date Published: 07_16_2007
Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice.05152020